Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ripped in 30 and Running Update

I just want to post a quick update to let you all know how I'm doing! I started week 2 of Ripped in 30 and let me tell you, it is intense!! My triceps and shoulders are really feeling it which I love. I can't even begin to imagine how tough weeks 3 and 4 are going to be, but I'm trying not to think about it and just focus on getting through week 2. Jillian is a lot tougher on this DVD than she was on the 30 Day Shred. It's closer to what I would expect from her!

I've been running as much as possible, knowing that in a few very short weeks I won't be able to run after work anymore. I'll still run on the weekends, but I will not run by myself in the dark. I'm not stupid! I'm thinking I might add a DVD at night. Jillian Michaels in the morning and some kind of cardio in the evening. Zuumba, maybe? I don't know yet, but we're only halfway through the month and I've already logged over 32 miles. I'll definitely hit my goal of 50 and now I'm trying for 60. It's definitely doable!

I've been doing a lot better with my food choices although I did have a chocolate donut on Saturday. Oops! I've been thinking about donuts for a long time though and now it's out of my system so I don't regret it! I'm trying to be extra good this week because my birthday is next Monday and you know what that means.....birthday cake!! :)

Here's Jack and I before a run last week. It was chilly! Jack requested his blanket about halfway through. I think he mostly wanted to cover up his hands.

After the run, playing at the park!

If I can drag my 2 year old out in the cool air and run for 3+ miles while pushing 40 pounds, then surely you can go out for a couple miles too! It's not easy but it's definitely worth it. The only workouts you regret are the ones you didn't do!

2 comments:

Jac V. said...

Love the hat!! We were up there last week. I took advantage of the cooler temps... It was SOOOO much nicer than it had been down here. Great job on the running! Keep it up! And congrats on all the Jillian workouts!!! You HAVE to have a donut once in a while!! :) I am so excited about Thanksgiving!!! LOL

Becs said...

I am collecting all the Jillian Michaels DVDs and will probably pull them out during the winter months when I cannot drag a baby out for a run. I highly suggest zumba...its very addicti.g and you.cant help but get up and dance to it...I myself crave it!!!
Great job!!