Monday, October 8, 2012

7 Mile Run

The first week of October was great! I ran 5 out of 7 days and other than a couple treats, I ate very well. I did skip my morning workout with Jillian for 3 days in a row and I hate skipping more than 1 day. But I got back on track with Ripped in 30 today and plan to do it all week.

I had a 5K on my schedule for Sunday. It was cold and rainy and the last thing I wanted to do was run a cross country 5K. There was no pre-registration so I could've easily backed out. I pulled out my running tights, long-sleeved shirt, and weatherproof coat and headed out. I was about half way there and looking up the directions when I noticed the site said the race is on October 28th. What??!!

I turned around and went home and decided to go out for a run since I had fueled up and was ready to go. I wanted to go at least 5 miles and was planning on doing the same route I did a couple weeks ago when I ran 6.4. I was nearing the end when I noticed I had gone 6.5 miles. I decided to keep going and make it to 7. It took me 1 hour, 25 minutes and I ran the entire way. It felt great! It certainly beats a 5K! Which, by the way, had been originally scheduled for the 7th and I just didn't know the date had changed. So I'm not completely crazy! :)

I'll leave you with how I end most of my runs:

Not bad, huh?

No comments: