Thursday, August 7, 2008

10 mile training has begun!


Tuesday night was our orientation for the 10K/10M training program. We were supposed to do an easy 3 mile run. The coach decided we would do speed work instead. I jogged 1 mile to warm-up and then we did 4x400. 4 fast laps! I was definitely not ready for that after 2 weeks of absolutely no running, but I'm actually really glad we did it. It was just what I needed to get me back into it. I misplaced my running watch though so I was not able to time my laps. We're moving tonight and tomorrow so hopefully it'll turn up, but I've already packed and haven't found it.

Tonight I'm supposed to run 30 minutes and then 4 miles on Saturday. With the move this weekend I'm not sure what I'll actually end up doing, but I'm going to try to make it to the run on Saturday. I'll have to see how much I get done tomorrow. We have to turn in our keys to the current place on Sunday and we officially move-in to the new place tomorrow. That doesn't leave us much time to move everything and clean up. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: