Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Track workout

Last night we had our 3rd track workout. As hard as these workouts are, I really love doing them. I still haven't found my watch but the assistant coach ran with my group and yelled out times as we crossed the line. Here is what I heard:

2x400 - 2:07, 1:57
1x800 - 4:35
1x600 - 3:30

I also ran a little over 2 miles before we started. I don't know how accurate these times are but since I don't have anything else to go on, they'll have to do! It's not looking like I'm going to find my watch which stinks because it isn't easy to replace. Hopefully I'll be able to get a new one soon though. I missed last Saturday's long run but I'm going this Saturday. We're scheduled to run 5 miles plus I'm supposed to get there early to run an extra mile because I'm part of the 10 mile group. I'll see how hot it is and how I feel. I haven't run a long distance since the 8k and I don't want to push it too much. I'll definitely do the 5 though and let you know how it goes!

If you haven't been watching the Olympics, then you better have a good reason. It has truly been amazing to watch the greatest athletes in the world break world record after world record all across the board. Even the springboard diving was impressive! Something that has never before been done at the Olympics is an athlete breaking the world record in both the 100M and 200M race...until now that is. Usain Bolt from Jamaica has done just that, obviously winning the gold in both events. The last time an athlete won gold in both events was in 1984! And he makes it look effortless!! He ran the 100M in 9.69 seconds!

No comments: