Thursday, June 26, 2008

Random Updates

I really need to post more regularly; then I wouldn't have a week's worth of info to post! Oh well, here goes...
Those of us who weren't able to run on Saturday met on Sunday and ran 5 miles. I had never been to this trail before, but it's only 5 minutes from where I live and very easy to navigate. There were some very long hills and my legs were sore for 2 days afterwards. I loved it! I will definitely go back anytime I need a good hill workout.

Again, I'm going to post my times from Tuesday's track workout:
2x400 (1:56, 2:00)
2x600 (3:15, 3:18)
2x800 (4:44, 4:30)
I couldn't believe that my second 800 was faster than my first. I was exhausted but really glad that I completed the entire workout in one piece.

Tonight I'll run a couple miles and do some strength training. Monday night I tried to do day 1 of the one hundred push-ups challenge. I'm embarassed to say that I can barely do 1 full pushup. I was so sure I would be able to do 10 easy! I can do 20 bicep curls using a 15 pound weight, but I can't even do 1 pushup. What the heck! I did do 50 modified pushups and will continue doing it that way, working up to doing 10 regular pushups. When I told patrick, he decided to test his strength and I'm happy to say that he was able to do 10 push-ups. He was struggling at the end and was beet red, but he did it nonetheless! Maybe I can convince him to do the challenge with me. I think we might have a better chance seeing pigs fly, but I'll see what I can do. :)

I found this video courtesy of Geek Girl Fitness. Her blog is very funny and enjoyable to read. The video is hilarious and also extremely motivating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the push-ups. I wasn't able to do quite as many as I thought, even though I can crank out 15 lb. bicep curls. It's all totally different, under-used muscle groups.

But we're using 'em now!