Monday, June 16, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

"Getting in shape is a JOURNEY. Each day you learn more about yourself and what you can do. If you need to rest one day, you rest. You have your whole life to get in shape." - copied from The Great Fitness Experiment

It's raining, again. According to the national weather service, we had the second wettest May since 1871 in Baltimore and the third wettest May in D.C. June has already been extremely wet as well and it's really putting a damper on my training and my mood. On Saturday the 7th I ran 4.5 miles. It was extremely hot and I ended up not feeling very good afterwards. Due to the heat and possible rain, our Tuesday night track workout was cancelled (it did end up raining). I took advantage of having a night off and relaxed at home. I worked every other night of the week so I didn't work out at all! But the above quote helps me to not feel so guilty.
This past Saturday I struggled to get out of bed, but eventually forced myself awake and ended up being 15 minutes late for the run. The group had already left for their run so I ventured out on my own, only doing about 3 miles. At least I made it at all. Plus I went home and did another 1.5 miles on the treadmill. It's not supposed to rain tomorrow, but if for some reason the workout gets cancelled I'm going to the track anyway. I don't want to get behind and start struggling through the workouts. We're already behind schedule due to the weather and we only have 1 month to go until our race on July 19.

No comments: