Monday, September 15, 2008

20 days!!

It's been a couple of weeks since my last update. There isn't much- Tuesday September 2 we did a hill workout instead of going to the track. It was rough; the assistant coach, Juliette, had us run up a fairly long hill 10 times. She estimated the hill to be about a quarter mile from bottom to top. It felt good to do something different and I was definitely glad when it was over!! I missed that Saturday's run due to the weather, but Sunday we went to the zoo and did a lot of walking. It's not the same as running but it's still something.

This past Saturday I ran 6 miles with the group. My race is only 3 weeks away and I haven't built up my mileage enough. This weekend we're going to be in Seattle but somehow, somewhere I'm going to fit in an 8 mile run and the next week drop back down to 5 or 6 and then do the race. It's going to be tough, especially since I've been having some soreness in my shins and calves, but I'm going to do it regardless. I just hope my body can hold on for another few weeks!

No comments: