Monday, September 29, 2008

9 Miles!!

I just wanted to quickly update my 3 readers (are there even that many?) that I did run 9 miles this past Saturday! It was insane but awesome! Last week I ran 8 which was the most I had ever run, but it was on a treadmill. On Saturday I ran 9 miles on hilly, muddy trails. And I ran the entire way! After mile 7 my feet and legs started to feel sore, but I realized that you get to a point where it can't get any worse and it's not bad enough to stop. I really feel confident that I could successfully complete a half marathon! And after running 9 without collapsing, I feel good about the race this weekend. I'm just going to take it slow and carry gatorade. I'm still going to the track tomorrow but I'm going to talk to the coach and find out if he thinks I should do the full workout or just take it easy. I'm very excited!!

"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it’s all about." ~PattiSue Plummer

"Games require skill. Running requires endurance, character, pride, physical strength, and mental toughness. Running is a test, not a game. A test of faith, belief, will, and trust in ones self. So hardcore that it needs a category all to itself to define the pain. When game players criticize, it's because they aren't willing to understand, not because they're stronger. Running is more than a sport; it's a lifestyle. If you have to ask us why we run, you'll never understand, so just accept." ~Jessica Propst

No comments: