Wednesday, July 16, 2008

3 days until race day


Last night we met at the track but instead of doing our usual workout, we did a dry run of the race course. We actually cut out a portion and did about 3.5 miles instead of the full 5. We met back at the track for a cool down and I felt really good and jogged a lap around the track. Tomorrow I'm going to do a very easy run and then the race is on Saturday. This is the first time I've completed a training program through the MCRRC. I'm proud of myself and very happy to have come this far, but I'm going to miss the routine and the people I've met. Luckily there's still the 10K program to look forward to which starts August 5. It'll be basically the same with a Tuesday night track workout and a Saturday long run. The target race is the Rockville 10K in the beginning of November. And of course I have the Army 10-miler October 5! YIKES!

No comments: