Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Update

I'm getting back into the swing of things. Last week I ran 3 miles on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and did 40 minutes on the elliptical on Friday. I also bought 2 10-pound and 2 15-pound weights so that I can strength train at home. I bought a book that has some crazy exercises in it and I'm going to start trying those out next week.

I signed up for an 8K training program that starts this week. We meet every Tuesday for a track workout and every Saturday for a long run. Our long runs start at 3 miles and we'll work our way up to 7 or 8. On July 19, we'll run the Rockville Twilighter 8K. I love these programs, I just hope I stay injury-free this year!

I also signed up for 2 classes at Montgomery College for the fall: Personal Fitness and Strength Training/Conditioning. I went out to lunch with a friend and he asked me "what do you want to do with your life?" I didn't have an answer. He also works in an office, sitting at a desk all day and hates it. This isn't what I had pictured for myself, but I don't have much to complain about. I've always wanted to help people though and that got me thinking about personal training. I've done a lot of research and it won't be easy or quick, but it's not impossible or too expensive. The main reason I haven't seriously thought about grad school is just the time and money it would take. In the meantime, I can study and train and take the necessary exams to become a personal trainer. I think it would be awesome!

No comments: