Monday, February 25, 2008

Week 4

I guess it's time for a confession. Week 3 didn't go so well. I only ran 1 day the whole week. :( The first 2 weeks were good so I don't know what happened last week. It's a learning process and I'm moving on to week 4 which will be much better! I am sticking with the healthy eating habits though and have been buying more fruits and veggies. I'm aware of what I'm putting into my body now and to all of you Chicken Out lovers- take a look at their nutrition menu online before going back. They're definitely not as healthy as they make themselves seem. 1 slice of their carrot cake is an entire days worth of calories- over 1500!! Even their side items have a ridiculous amount of calories for their size. 1 8oz. side of mashed sweet potatoes is 423 calories! If you're going to have a salad and share the side with someone, then it's doable. Just be aware of what you're eating and don't let yourself be fooled! My coworkers tell me I shouldn't look at the nurtitional info because it makes me not want to eat it (and they don't want me telling them what it is they're eating), but I feel better knowing that what I'm eating is healthy and well-balanced. And even when it's not, at least I know it's not. I think it's much better to be informed.

No comments: