Thursday, February 4, 2016

New Years Day 5K

As promised, albeit a month late, here's my race recap of the New Years Day 5K. This is the 4th time I've run it and this year it moved to a new location. I made sure I got there early enough to find the place, get a good parking spot, and get checked in. I ended up being there way too early and it was freezing! My dad was there as a volunteer photographer and we huddled in his car until we absolutely had to go out.

The race made some weird loop so you ended up running the same part twice. And of course there were some decent hills coming back. Doing them once was okay but twice was no fun! I jogged what I could and walked when I needed to. Overall I felt really good during this race, I just didn't like those darn hills!

I have a hard time not "racing", but being pregnant I know I need to just have fun and not push myself too much. So I had a goal but it was a very loose goal. I wanted to finish in under 45 minutes, which I knew was completely doable. I was very happy to see the clock as I finished- under 40! My official time was 39:24. It's not even my slowest 5K, which is awesome! I ran a 5K when I was about 2 months pregnant with Jack. It's the only time I ran and I actually downgraded my registration from the 5-miler. I finished that in 42:37. So to be over 5 months pregnant and finishing in under 40 minutes is so amazing! I'm really proud of myself for continuing to run, even if it's only twice a week.


Here I am waving at my dad:

I'm running a virtual 5K next week and per doctor's orders, I'll need to switch to walking in about 2 weeks. I'll update with how January went and how February is going. I'll try not to let a whole month go by in between updates!

No comments: