Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Foodie Pen Pals Reveal

This month I received a package from blog reader Gina. Everything she sent was new to me! About half of the items were local things from Ohio, which I love!


Low Fat Grand-ola Bar from the Schlabach Amish Bakery- notice how it's just an empty package? Yep, it didn't last long. A homemade soft granola bar is right up my alley!

Pr* Bar iced brownie- I love the name- Personal Record Nutrition Bar. I haven't tried this yet but with 15 grams of protein, I'll definitely enjoy it after an upcoming long run.

Moser Roth Orange & Almond Dark European Chocolate bar- This is definitely not something I would've bought for myself because I don't typically pair fruits and chocolate, but I love almonds. The best part is that what looks like a large chocolate bar actually contains several smaller, individually wrapped chocolate bars. The perfect size for a quick treat!


Manischewitz Vegetable w/ Mushrooms Soup Mix- I love soup and I'm looking forward to making this!

Made Flavored Soft Licorice, made in Australia- this is something I'd never heard of and again, not something I ever would've bought. But it's something I can share with the whole family and again, it's the right size for a quick treat!

Locust Lane Homestyle Elderberry Jelly & Sugar Chalet Maple Mustard (both locally made)- I haven't had the chance to try these yet, but I love getting local homemade goodies!

Thank you Gina, for a wonderful box filled with local goodies that are all new to me! I really need to get better about trying the items I get before I post about them. I usually put them aside and don't even put them away in my kitchen until after I've posted. But that's whack! I'll do better next time. :)

And as always, thanks to Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean for starting and running this great program. Anyone can join in on the fun! Just click the link and look for the tab about Foodie Pen Pals.


The Lean Green Bean


No comments: