Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Still going

The week after the Army 10-miler I ended up not running. I justified it by telling myself I needed a week off after the race! Last Tuesday I ran 3 miles at the track and Saturday I ran 7 so I'm still in the game. I can't run this Saturday, but I'm meeting up with at least one other person on Sunday to run the scheduled 6 miles. Knowing I have someone waiting for me will make me get up and go. Tonight the coach wants us to run 4 miles at race pace and I have no idea what's scheduled for next Tuesday, which is our last formal run as a group before the 10K. I can't believe it's almost over! There isn't another program I can join before I move, so I'll be stuck on my own after November 2. It's going to be hard to run on my own especially with the weather getting colder and not having access to a gym anymore. Luckily I'll still have my 2 classes which are going very well.

My strength training class has been awesome and I'm definitely getting stronger each week. I've already added more weight in each exercise. The personal fitness class is good too, it's just hard to do both cardio and strength in 50 minutes. I would love to do 50 minutes of just cardio but that's not how the class is set up. I just need to add more cardio on my own. I'm only running twice a week (with the group) and I really should add a third day on my own. Did I mention it's getting colder and I don't have access to a gym? :)

No comments: