Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Week 9

I had another great week last week. I went to the gym 5 days and ran 6 miles on Sunday!! It took me 78 minutes and this week I'll run 6 again. Next week I'll attempt 7, go back down to 5, and then it'll be time to run my 10K! I feel great and I'm working out more than I ever have before. I'm not pushing myself running too much (3-4 days per week; I don't want to risk injury) but on days I don't run I at least do a half hour on the elliptical or bike. I've even been getting up early on the days I work both my jobs and don't get home until 10. It's crazy!! I'm definitely getting stronger and it's an awesome feeling to run continuously for an hour. I'm just nervous because the last 2 summers I tried starting up a routine and did great, but both years I had to stop due to shin splints. I've been trying to train for a 10-miler and so far it just hasn't happened. I'm going to get better running shoes and hopefully that'll help. I don't want to go through it again this year!

No comments: