Monday, March 17, 2008

Week 7

I'm half way there- the 10K is about 6 weeks away. The last 2 weeks weren't so great. I only got in 2 runs each week. But I'm committed and really want to do well. Yesterday I did my 4 mile long run. I thought I might need to stop half way to take a walking break, but I didn't need to. I ran a 13-minute mile so it took about 50 minutes to complete, but I did it! This Sunday I'll go for 5 miles. After running the 4 yesterday I feel really good. It had been way too long since I've run that far. I even got up and went to the gym this morning. I'm supposed to rest after a long or hard run or do cross training (any activity that isn't running) so I did the elliptical for 15 minutes and then did some weight training. I never do anything other than running but 2 days a week I should be cross training with only 1 (maybe 2) rest day(s) a week. With my work schedule that isn't an easy task to accomplish, but I'm trying and I'm always finding new ways to stay motivated which helps. I know this is going to be a great week! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

No comments: